The Final Fabrication assignment required us to mount a motor. I wasn’t really sure sure what to make for it with limited time this week. I began by trying to come up with a wooden mount to attach to one of the bookends I made for a previous assignment.
Luckily another student had 3d printed an extra dc motor mount and let me have it.
At this point the plan was to screw the mount into the bookend and attach a small fan to it. At this point I recommend not doing any measuring or drilling at 3am because I messed up more than a few pilot holes trying to get the motor in the right position.
After the mount was attached I added the motor and tested the whole thing out. It sputtered a few times and then just wouldn’t turn. Given that it was late and I ran out of other options I kept the motor and just accepted defeat with this.
One main positive I learned from the experience was some info about the laser cutter and how to load and 3d print my own motor mounts when need be.