Motor Mounting

The Final Fabrication assignment required us to mount a motor. I wasn’t really sure sure what to make for it with limited time this week. I began by trying to come up with a wooden mount to attach to one of the bookends I made for a previous assignment.

20181212_111032.jpg

Luckily another student had 3d printed an extra dc motor mount and let me have it.

20181212_111113.jpg

At this point the plan was to screw the mount into the bookend and attach a small fan to it. At this point I recommend not doing any measuring or drilling at 3am because I messed up more than a few pilot holes trying to get the motor in the right position.

20181212_113156.jpg

After the mount was attached I added the motor and tested the whole thing out. It sputtered a few times and then just wouldn’t turn. Given that it was late and I ran out of other options I kept the motor and just accepted defeat with this.

One main positive I learned from the experience was some info about the laser cutter and how to load and 3d print my own motor mounts when need be.

20181213_040541.jpg